Sunday, September 11, 2011

NYFW Recap

Sure, I know I'm behind guys but there is just too much to look at and love! I've had a hard time editing down some of my favorite collections to show on here. Let's take a look at what we have so far, first up is a personal fave, Alex Wang...
Mesh details, sporty-chic inspired garments coming down the runway and totally rad prints - my kind of collection. Once again, Alexander Wang has designed the perfect garments for the cool, downtown girl who never tries too hard. I really adored the pants with the mesh details and the ombre type print shown in the second picture. While I definitely missed the mink wrapped sunglasses shown last year for FW'11, this collection makes it a little easier to let those go.
Next up, probably my favorite collection thus far, Prabal Gurung
What. To. Say. Absolutely breathtaking, amazing, to-die-for, this is why I love fashion type of collection. From the amazing color palette of purple hues, crisp whites, and blues mixed in with amazing floral engineered prints, and of course splashes of sheer throughout, this collection really did me in. The silhouettes of the garments were pure perfection and I am totally seeing myself in the skirt in the fourth picture and completely owning the closing gown (shown in the third picture). Where I will wear that gown, who know, who cares, it will be mine either way. I love you Prabal, marry me.

Moving towards a more girly and light palette, we have Jill Stuart.

Stuart's collection was on my list of faves because of the refreshing color palette of pastel blues, pinks and citrusy yellows. The collection was chock full of girly dresses with hints of sheer here and there, mixed prints (palm print being my personal fave), and amazing pants and blazer combos in even radder colors. Can I also add that I most likely need the underwear as shorts and sweater look, in picture 2. 
My man, Yigal Azrouel has pretty much designed his Spring/Summer collection for me. Actually, I know he did and I just can't wait to own it.
Now, I won't lie...my man may or may not have taken a hint of inspiration from Celine, but it's all good, who wouldn't want to use Celine as inspiration! Boxy silhouettes, clean and simple necklines and the occasional jolt of color can be seen throughout his collection. My personal favorites are the three looks shown above; a classic white maxi shirt dress with a little bit o' leg for some sexiness (because I mean, with everything else covered we gotta give those boyfriends of ours something to look at, right?!). Super wide leg pantelones in a perfect blue with a camel top, yes I will take that and of course, that amazing printed dress. I adore the neckline on the dress, the color of the print and the length especially, it is a definite must have for me!

Last but not least, the two man duo that pretty much know how to design for the modern, sexy woman. I also like to think of Jeffrey Costello and Robert Tagliapietra (of Costello Tagliapietra) as the masters of drapery. Take a looksie...
Now, I understand these looks may not be, uh, necessarily groundbreaking, but the fluidity of the dresses and the way the drape on the model's bodies are just pure heaven. The careful drapery around the hips and the smooth texture of each garment coming down the runway made for a perfectly even and fluid collection. I also really loved the prints the design duo used, especially when two colored prints were mixed, as seen in the second picture above. To me, Costello Tagliapietra are the go to designers for an effortlessly sexy look for the modern woman. 
Stay tuned for more NYFW faves!
All photos via style.com
xoxo Andie

No comments: