Sunday, August 7, 2011

Boyfriend Approved

One of my favorite things about the summer, aside from laying in the sun for hours on end, is wearing dresses! Short ones, long ones, midi ones - whatever, I don't discriminate. I got love for all shapes, sizes and silhouettes. In regards to my post title however, my boyfriend, like most men of the world does discriminate. Maxi dresses, as we've gone over before, are viewed as dressy and always garner a strange look whenever one is worn. But, this is the first real year of the midi dress; a length so unique that it is not long nor short, but just the right length above your ankles and below your knees.
 Dress: T by Alex Wang  Slip Dress: Rag & Bone Belt: Les Petites (Paris) Shoes: Jil Sander Bag: Balenciaga  Bracelets: glamROK
This Alex Wang dress is absolutely one of my favorite summer pieces. It's sheer, it's midi length, it's silk and I can wear it oh so many ways. Plus, it is the perfect summer to fall transition piece. I am totally envisioning this dress with some rad military platforms, a cropped sweater and a leather. 
 My perfect little red Balenciaga never fails me. Begging my mom for this bad boy at the ripe age of 16 was probably the smartest thing I did at that age. Oh, and the vibrant red color, tres chic (nice choice, 16 year old me).
And so, I am quite positive that this perfect dress will most definitely be yet another boyfriend approved outfit. As we all know, there is nothing I adore more than the odd look or joke to let me know that this has been yet another job well done. So girls, head on out in your new midi dresses and get yours boyfriend approved, too! 
xoxo Andie

No comments: