Thursday, August 11, 2011

Transition into Fall with Ease

There's one thing about New York "fall" that I really dislike, we never really have one! I stock pile up on amazing fall finds, dreaming up a million and one ways to wear each piece - yet I never really get the chance. This year, I've decided to buy a few transition pieces that I can easily wear now and then layer and play with to wear later (and later). My top picks are versatile so that you can obviously get your money's worth and work them in with new and old pieces from your own closet. Peep my picks...
Dress: Helmut Lang, $275
Vest:Old Navy, $35
Shorts: Vintage Levis
Boots: Sam Edelman, $285
Sweater: N.Peal Cashmere, $117
Necklace: Dannijo, $170
Ring: Modcloth, $13
Cuffs: Dannijo, $238 & $300

I am loving each and every piece, so much so that my mind is currently overflowing with about a gazillion ways to wear and pair each item! Here are a few ideas on mixing and matching for wear now and wear later:

Wear Now: Helmut dress, Old Navy vest, Sam Edelman booties, all accessories shown (and then some)
Wear Now: Levi's shorts, Sam Edelman booties, N.Peal sweater (for those cool summer nights), Dannijo cuffs and necklace
Wear Now: Levi's shorts, white crew neck tee, Old Navy vest, flat sandals for a chic, casual look.

Wear Later: Helmut dress, N.Peal sweater over, black tights, Sam Edelman booties, Dannijo necklace, gold and silver chain bracelets piled high
Wear Later: Levi's shorts layered with tights underneath, Sam Edelman booties (or substitute motorcycle boots for an edgier look), N.Peal sweater, leather jacket, Old Navy vest over leather jacket
Wear Later: Helmut dress, black tights, slashed or cropped sweater (try here or here), fur vest, Sam Edelman booties

Now that I've loaded your pretty, little minds with explosive ideas for the most fabulous transitional summer to fall wardrobe, go shop!
xoxo Andie

No comments: