Tuesday, August 2, 2011

camWOW

Wondering what I'm referencing in the above title? Come on, you guys know this...you don't?! Hello! SHAMWOW - you know that silly infomercial. Whatever, I'm talking about amazo camo, as in camouflage. I'm not sure what it is about this military inspired and totally bad ass print that draws me in every time; perhaps it's ability to lend a certain edge to any ensemble? Could be...yeah, that's most likely it.
Here's an example...
 Jacket: Banana Republic Dress: Aritzia Shoes: Rochas
Crystal Bracelets: F21 Watch: Michael Kors Necklaces: Ettika, from Greece
Take this sweet little maxi dress - I stumbled upon this rad store, Aritzia in Soho a while back while shopping with my mom and fell in love with this sand washed silk maxi dress (among many other pieces). It's the perfect combination of casual and chic and the summer dress. My first immediate thought was to pair it with one of my military vests (no brainer) but I loved the edge that this camo jacket added.
It's hard to tell in these pictures, but the bottom of the dress has the slightest blue tint to it which I adore. It's the little things in life, really.

Often times, when I wear a maxi dress, my boyfriend asks the age old question, "What's the occasion?" or "Where are you going in that?". Silly boyfriend, maxis are for casual outings too! Duh, I mean who doesn't know that.
 Doesn't my hair look awesome?
And with that, I bid you all adieu. Until tomorrow friends!
xoxo Andie

No comments: