Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Citrus Dreamin'

I've been long lusting over Stella McCartney's Spring/Summer 2011 collection since it's initial debut months ago. I've waited, and waited, AND WAITED for my favorite citrus print dress to go on sale so that I may hopefully purchase that beautiful piece of citrus fruit inspired clothing (top & pants shown below).
 image via style.com
Much to my serious dismay, my citrus dress of dreams is nowhere to be found in my size ... my citrusy (yes, I just made that word up) dreams were killed. I thought my life was over until I stumbled upon this wonderful, amazeballs piece at Zara. Now, don't get your hopes up, it's not Stella - but hey, it's pretty damn close and I like it, I tell ya! Please don't get me wrong, I'm no big fan of knock offs, but let's be real peeps, it's the fashion industry - it's a cycle, or a chain, ya catch my drift, eh? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, especially when it comes to certain citrus printed products!
 Top: Zara
Not too shabby, huh?
 Pants: Zara Shoes: Louboutin Crystal Bracelet: F21 Spike Bracelet: Rachel Rachel Roy Watch: Michael Kors Necklace: Aqua
You have to admit, the pants are pretty dope aren't they? The perfect mix between orange and red, Hollywood waist (thanks Mom), gold snap detail and wide leg - what more could I possibly ask for in a pant?

 Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm ... nothing a solid studded Louboutin can't do for an outfit.
I spy with my little eye...a red Balenciaga in the background! 
Before I say farewell, I know you must all be thinking, how could I not have anything to say in regards to my boyfriend's response to this top?! It can't be! You're right - it can't be and that's because he hasn't seen it yet (until now)! I will say, however, upon debuting this top with my adorable JBrand cutoffs and flat sandals (chic) at work, I was compared to someone's mother's table cloth from their youth. Good enough, for ya? Hope so because it was definitely good enough for me! 
xoxo Andie

2 comments:

Layered Black said...

OMG I DIE!!!! those pants are AMAZING!

style sidewalk said...

thank you, THANK you. zara! go, go, go!

xx andie