Tuesday, July 26, 2011

You're Striping me Wild!

Get it? Striping me wild, instead of driving me wild! Haha, I kill myself, really, I do. So major lack of posts this week - my sincerest apologies. Life, man, it gets ya when you least expect it. 
Today I was feeling like my usual self and by usual I mean I was ready to throw on some nautical stripes and call it a day. But how can I take this look that I could probably wear for days on end, to a new level? Oh, I know - pair it with a classic, ladylike blush skirt with knife pleats. Hello, that was a no brainer!
 Top: H&M Skirt: Club Monaco Shoes: Pierre Hardy x Gap Necklace: Style Shop @ FIT Snake Cuff: Roberto Cavalli x H&M Bangle: J Crew Friendship Bracelet: Banana Republic
I've said it before and I sure as hell will say it again, I adore, am in love, can't get enough of the ladylike simplicity of this skirt! The pale blush color, the delicate pleats and the (currently unseen) grosgrain detail at the waistband make it the perfect knee length skirt that can seriously be paired with any pair of shoes and any top.

 Some of my favorite funky pieces of jewelry came from the Style Shop @ FIT or from the flea markets that were held on Thursdays there.
What a great piece of photography - shot by none other than .... my mom. I especially love the plant inching in on my picture. Perfect! I kid, I kid, you're the best, Mom! I love your photography skillZ.
Time for me to say Adios, but one more thing...
Peep my guest blogger editorial on the totally rad men's style site The Swag Mag.
Stay tuned for more goodies!

No comments: