Saturday, May 21, 2011

BNY, Day 3

Yesterday was my last day at BNY and the weather was totally fitting for my mood: bittersweet. It's sad leaving such an amazing group of women who dedicated so much of their time to teaching me and making sure I left with a grasp and strong understanding of the business, but at the same time it marks the end of an era for me. Time to enter the real world baby; it's exciting to start a new chapter of my life, to say the least.
 I Love Your Style by Amanda Brooks
Not only did I get to spend almost a year with three amazing women, but peep what they generously gave me as a parting gift. Yeah, yeah that's right - a signed copy of the BNY Fashion Director's book, I Love Your Style. Clearly, this book was written for me ... I mean REALLY (just kidding). This is for sure a gift that will keep on giving; inspiration for years to come is kind of an understatement.
Carine Roitfeld, left page. Need I say more?
On to the outfit of the day (drumroll please ....) Talk about evening to day...I wore the same lace dress from the Baptism to the office but with a daytime spin (& obviously a dry clean in between. Otherwise, ew)
Vest: Club Monaco
You'd be surprised how many dresses can turn from day to night and vice versa, it's all about how you W-E-R-K it! Throw on some comfy little oxfords and military style vest (like moi) and bingo bango you've got a winna! 
Oxfords: Pour la Victoire
Tan Towels done did me right! See ya, pale legs.
Dress: Joie Bangle: Hermes
Now go play around in your closets and thank me when you create fashion miracles from pieces you once forgot about!
xoxo Andie

No comments: