Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What to Wear to...Your First Day of Work

So many of my friends have graduated and have embarked on the amazing journey that is the beginning of their careers. Obviously, they're not as lucky as I, for I have the entire summer to myself before embarking on MY journey. Hate. Me. I kid, I kid...while it is pretty rad to be enjoying my last summer of life, it's even more rad that my friends are starting their jobs! I've been getting quite a few texts with, "What do I wear, help!". So, here it is for all of you beginning your real life, and leaving the fake life be-hind. See ya!
 Top: Tibi Pants: Theyskens' Theory Shoes: Pierre Hardy x Gap Bag: Celine
Obviously, it's best to tailor your outfit to where you're working whether it is in fashion, education, or a more corporate setting, but don't lose your personality and style! Add those personal touches, baby - don't be afraid to add some color or a beautiful print. Own it.
 Pyramid Bangle: J Crew Gold Bracelet: Henri Bendel Coral Bracelet: glamROK
While you want your style to shine through, remember your first few days on the job you should stick to more conservative looks, until you get the feel for the culture of the job. This applies to accessories, too. Keep them to a minimum...sorry to all those with a sweet tooth, not too much arm candy today!
 A kiss for you, because I just adore you all so much. Big ups to my momma, for having me strike this pose! I'm such a cutie.
Also important, make sure you bring your adorable dog to your first day of work. What better way to score new friends and cool points with your boss?! Just kidding. But how cute is Tigre, I mean really. Really.
Stay tuned for another feature of What to Wear to... ? in the upcoming weeks.
xoxo Andie

No comments: